Types of engagements completed by MVI
- Valuations to support corporate re-organizations
- Estate planning
- Tax driven re-organizations
- Valuations for litigation support
- Family law (division of assets and spousal or child support)
- Shareholder disputes
- Personal injury
- Transaction advisory valuations
- Business purchase or sale
- Shareholder or Partner admissions / buyouts
- Employee Share Ownership Plans
- Business planning
- Growth planning
- Capital raising – equity, bank finance
- Cash flow projections & analysis
Recognition by the courts
Paul has had reports accepted by the courts and has appeared as an expert witness in the Supreme Court of British Columbia.
Paul has direct experience in a wide range of industries. He also subscribes to research sources that provide up-to-date details on most industries.
Most valuation (and planning) clients to date have been for businesses based in Western Canada (B.C., Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba). A few have been international. Paul’s career has involved significant experience in North America and Africa and a working exposure to the UK, parts of continental Europe and Asia.
Paul is a firm believer in lifelong learning and regularly attends professional conferences and seminars to keep up to date.
Working with other professionals
Paul recognizes that many valuation engagements require input from more than one professional. Where necessary he works with other professionals (tax experts, lawyers, real estate appraisers, etc) to ensure that the client receives adequate and appropriate advice. Many engagements start with a referral from another professional.
Paul is comfortable presenting to large or small groups. In June 2017 he is booked to speak on valuation issues for established ESOPs at the Canadian Employee Ownership Conference in Ottawa (http://esopconference.ca/).